Re: Bad news from the module/environment front

On Thu, Jul 01, 1999 at 12:22:00PM +1000, Telford Tendys wrote:
<...>
> The other thing is that, while speed is nice, it is not the prime
> importance of a scripting language. I would rate the most important
> points as:
>
> [1] easy to learn
> [2] completely bulletproof
> [3] well documented
> [4] easy to understand the fundamental operation
> [5] easy to bolt your own code into
> [6] easy to bolt into your own code
> [7] low startup overhead
> [8] can be compiled
> [9] small memory footprint (unlike emacs)
> [10] runs fast
<...>

Maybe this is true for standalone scripting, but when used as an
extension language for a project, it will more or less read like

[1] runs fast
[2] small memory footprint (unlike emacs)
[3] low startup overhead
[4] well documented
[5] easy to bolt into your own code
[6] completely bulletproof
[7] easy to understand the fundamental operation
[8] easy to learn
[9] can be compiled
[10] easy to bolt your own code into

Ingo Hohmann <ingo@2b1.de>