"ice-9" like names: an advantage.

An advantage of some 'special' names is when it helps in searching
in texts or documentation or the Web.

For 'ice-9' to be replaced, it should be with some specific name
like 'guile-system' or 'guile-core', not with million hits search name
like 'system'.

For example, how search efficiently about emacs if it would be called
'editor'?

There is no magic solution for searching (as far as I know of, and it is
not far!).

Lisp like traditional long names is one way to help.
And special names like 'ice-9' is another way.

Searching is just one more consideration in naming objects, though
an important one in my view on propagating ideas.