Re: Where should guile modules store meta data?

Jost Boekemeier <jostobfe@calvados.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE> writes:

> (
>   (define-module (mod one))
>   (define a 12)
> )
> (
>   (define-module (mod two))
>   (import (mod one))
> )
>
> A little bit strange, isn't it? :)

(define-module (mod one)
  (define a 12))

(define-module (mod two)
  (import (mod one)))

This syntax makes a lot more sense. And I don't see why it would be
wrong to import definitions from one part of the file to another.

Also, I suggest that all defs in the current module evaluate in its
own environment, but then define-public should first do same as
define, and then explicitely copy the symbol to the parent
environment.

--
I refuse to use .sig