Guile startup

Hi,

I've been doing some testing with Guile by means of trial and error.
I think this is a FAQ (though it wasn't listed in the FAQ as far as
I can tell), so please feel free to flame me.

The program I have is basically (when you strip away the autoconf, automake,
bison and flex magic);

static void inner_main (void *closure, int argc, char **argv)
{
	gh_eval_str("(display \"foo\")");
}

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
        scm_boot_guile(argc, argv, inner_main, 0);
        return 0;
}

So, this is all nice and stuff, but scm_boot_guile() seems to take
some 2-3 seconds on my computer which isn't very nice at all.
I know there's probably some scheme-parsing involved in booting the
guile interpreter, but are there some ways one can speed up the process?

Jonas