Re: Is guile byte-code compiled?

forcer <forcer@mindless.com> writes:

> I *think* the problem is call-with-current-continuation. I gather
> it does stack-copying in guile, while in Scheme48 they might have
> a saner implementation (probably since they don't have to handle
> C code), but i'm not too sure here.

Well, we've found the dog.  It isn't very fair to compare interpreter
performance using call/cc as the test.  :)

You're right that Guile is forced to do stack-copying (although it
might actually be possible to do less copying if we easily could
determine where the current continuation and the one to call "split").

Luckily, it isn't a pivotal property of a Scheme interpreter to do
call/cc efficiently.

/mdj