Re: Guile & PR

> And my guess is that it is one of the very few fastest Scheme
> interpreters that currently exist.  (My guess is still that it is the
> second fastest after SCM.)

If you restrict yourself to true interpreters, that may be true.
If you also consider implementations that compile to an internal
format (such as bytecode), that is not consistent with my limited
benchmarks.  Scheme48 is much faster, and Kawa is also noticeably
faster.  See:
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/kawa/papers/KawaLisp98-html/x1005.html

I used the "default" setup for Guile, so I assume I got the
debugging evaluator.

	--Per Bothner
Cygnus Solutions     bothner@cygnus.com     http://www.cygnus.com/~bothner