Re: Guile project submissions draft

Greg Harvey <Greg.Harvey@thezone.net> writes:

> I really think we should stick with one catagory per project. Just
> pick the one that's the best fit... so a packet sniffer can go under
> Applications/Networking (not much to sniff without a network), while
> something like linuxconf would go under Applications/System
> Administration. Also, I do think we should keep the number of
> catagories fairly small, since it will, overall, make it a bit easier
> to find things, even if a particular catagory gets a little
> crowded... sunsite...urm metalab is a good example of how too many
> catagories can make life hellish (particularly system vs. utils vs
> apps).

Here's a quick idea: just use the categories that a popular
distribution such as Debian uses to categorize guile tools. E.g.,
admin, base, comm, etc, more or less. Maybe a couple you would leave
out, such as hamradio, electronics, etc. Their scheme seems fairly
well thought out, after all.

Thanks,
Bake