Re: local-eval

Roland Orre wrote:

> <alexander.asteroth@informatik.uni-bonn.de> writes:
> > ... Local eval (with
> > a local environment) seems to be a good choice, but I can't figure out
> > how to specify a proper environment. ...
> I have "the-enviroment" defined as:
> (define the-environment
>   (procedure->syntax
>    (lambda(x env) env)))
> then you can do e.g.
> (define foo (the-environment))
> and later
> (local-eval expr foo)
>
>         /Roland

Thanks Roland this way it works!

I wonder if there is a way of writing a local-eval - i.e. a procedure
evaluating its argument in its own environmental frame - in a
poratble way i.e. r5rs-scheme.

It should be possible to jump back into a certain environment like
jumping into a continuation. I played a bit with
call-with-current-continuation but the environment seems not to be saved
together with the continuation.

I'm shure I missed something. Does anybody have an idea how to do it?

Alex