Re: list library

> One of the current SRFIs on schemers org deals with a lib of frequently used
> list operations, like filter etc. Some are already part of guile, many aren't
> yet. Most are easy to write in scheme, but sometimes it might be more
> efficient to stuff them into the C codebase of the Scheme interpreter.
> Should guile, if at all, put those extra list function into a module?
> Would it be better to have one big module for all of them or a set of modules
> each grouping a few related methods together?

I would certainly like Guile to support Olin's list operations.

I think it's fine to provide them in Scheme at first, and re-implement
them in C as the need and initiative arises.

We should be careful to not to replace a function from Olin's list lib
with a Guile native feature unless the semantics of the two are
*exactly* the same.  Olin put no small effort into that design, and it
would be stupid for us to waste that by being sloppy.

I think putting them in a single module would be fine.  It's not that
large.