Guile vs. CORBA for extensibility (Re: Guile scripting host?)

On Feb 07, Marisha Ray & Neil Jerram decided to present us with:
> To finish with a question...  As GNOME matures and CORBA becomes more widely
> used, it seems that GNU application developers will have two possibilities
> for making their applications extensible and scriptable: Guile and CORBA.
> How does the developer decide which of these two is more appropriate?

Hmm, they serve two very different purposes. An application that
wants to be extensible and customizeable should go Guile; an
application that wants to export some of its functionality
should go CORBA. Trouble is where the developer wants both -
like GNOME Panel and Control-center; they want to be extensible
by independent "applets". IMHO these applications should go
_both_ GNOME and Guile, so that other developers have the option
of writing a (probably compiled) CORBA-client applet or a
Guile-script one.

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----