Re: [ANN]: boot-9 slimming r2

Greg Harvey wrote:

> Greg Harvey <Greg.Harvey@thezone.net> writes:
> >
> > Note: ice-9 needs to be replaced with something more sensible
> > (guile-core is my preference, tho guile-system would also be good).
> > This is the last revision that will be compatable with the current
> > naming.

I think we previously hashed out that (guile ...) is a good namespace
for
modules that are part of Guile.

> There's also a new set of numbers.[ch] up at
> http://home.thezone.net/~gharvey/guile/numbers-r1.tar.gz
>
> This modifies numbers to replace the functions previously defined as
> $foo to foo, and operate on real numbers. With this, the dependancy on
> transcend for proper operation (for the most part) is removed, though
> if you want to use complex numbers, you'll have to do a
> (use-modules (ice-9 transcend))

Given it's functionality, (ice-9 transcend) is a poor name for this
module,
perhaps (ice-9 complex) or something would be better. In general I think
it is bad for the default environment to support certain math functions
for
only a subset of their actual range. I suspect the RnRS standards are
vague
enough to allow that though.

 - Maciej