Re: [ANN]: boot-9 slimming r2

Greg Harvey <Greg.Harvey@thezone.net> writes:

> A new version of the slimmed down boot-9 package is at
> http://home.thezone.net/~gharvey/guile/boot-9.r2.tar.gz
>
> r2 makes the initialization of gc-options dependant on having the
> gc-opts feature, and changes the guile and guile-user modules to use
> transcend.scm as a temporary workaround to maintain rnrs compliance.
>
> Note: ice-9 needs to be replaced with something more sensible
> (guile-core is my preference, tho guile-system would also be good).
> This is the last revision that will be compatable with the current
> naming.

There's also a new set of numbers.[ch] up at
http://home.thezone.net/~gharvey/guile/numbers-r1.tar.gz

This modifies numbers to replace the functions previously defined as
$foo to foo, and operate on real numbers. With this, the dependancy on
transcend for proper operation (for the most part) is removed, though
if you want to use complex numbers, you'll have to do a
(use-modules (ice-9 transcend))

It also includes a diff to the boot-9 from the aforementioned package
to remove the default inclusion of the transcend module in guile at
startup.

--
Greg