Re: Is it OK to pass an SCM through (void *)?

Maciej Stachowiak <mstachow@MIT.EDU> writes:

> The former is sufficient. You also need to make sure that setter_func
> is protected against garbage-collection, of couse, since Gtk will keep
> it hanging around.

How do I protect it against garbage collection?  Or more importantly,
how do I know when I need to protect something against garbage
collection?  Is there a good overview of this somewhere I can read?
I've always been a little fuzzy on the C level GC interaction issues.

Thanks