Re: What's after guile-1.4? (was: Re: Questions... I am new to scheme)

Russ McManus <russell.mcmanus@gs.com> writes:

> Mikael Djurfeldt <mdj@nada.kth.se> writes:
>
> > Since we'll probably have to live with the current module system for
> > quite a while, I think we could slim down boot-9.scm already now.
>
> I would like to know more about what the guile team is planning for
> future releases.  So far, I know that the focus for guile-1.4 is up to
> date documentation.
>
> What comes after that?  Is Jim's wishlist a map for the future?  Maybe
> someone on the developer's list could let this list know what is
> coming.  If there isn't a plan; it would be good to know that, too.

Just note that my statement above wasn't an expression of the will of
the Guile developer's team.  It was an expression of my own view.

Also, it is *not* my view that the developer's should put any effort
into slimming down boot-9.scm before other high priority things.  What
I meant was that if someone who has the time to do it is willing to
work on slimming down boot-9.scm, I think it would be a good idea to
do so.

/mdj