Re: gc notes available

>As I asked before, if it's not too much to ask for the C user
>to register each and ever write, then why do we bother with conservative
>GC stack scanning when we can ask the user to register SCM variables
>on the stack? If fact, if we go for SCM_ASSIGN(loc, val) then
>we can throw out stack scanning then and there because the C user
>is implicitly announcing the existence of a stack variable as soon
>as he/she assigns anything to it.

I agree. Declaring the use of stack variables isn't that big a deal, and
it gives the GC the most freedom. (I don't see why we shouldn't aim to have
the best GC possible. I don't see that we should compromise just because
we want to interface with C etc.). Plus I like the idea of precise GC.
I like the idea that if an object can be attached to a file descriptor
or something like that with a cleanup routine, that it must be
collected eventually.