Re: Scheme style auto-resizing hashtable (fwd)

On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> Perl: hash
> Tcl: array (not a first-class data structure, but close enough)
> Common Lisp: hash-table
> MIT Scheme: hash-table

Smalltalk: Dictionary
Python: dictionary
Dylan: table
awk: associative array
SML: doesn't have one in the standard library (morons :)
OCaml: imperative: Hashtbl functional: Map
Haskell: doesn't have one in the standard library (fools ;)

> I remember a fair number of mentions that someone was porting the STk
> object system to Guile, maybe it will even happen some day.

that's welcome news.

	Jay Glascoe
	jglascoe@jay.giss.nasa.gov