Motif or GTK?

When I said I was planning on building a Motif/Lesstif interface to Guile,
some people
suggested that perhaps I should use GTK instead. I rejected that idea out
of hand. My
apologies to those people...

I now realise that I didn't actually know what GTK was. I had presumed that
it was some
equivilent to Stk - i.e. The Tk from Tcl/Tk fame.

The question now arises for me - whether I should continue to port Motif to
Guile, or
 whether instead, I should port my applications to GTK.

I had always assumed that Motif/Lesstif must be the right thing partly
because having
a standard way to make all widgets work together must be a good thing (Xt)
and Motif
was a standard. Now I'm starting to wonder, especially since I noticed
Netscape is
moving to GTK.

Any comments?