Re: The GIMP! By gum, I forgot all about it!

On Wed, Oct 28, 1998 at 10:00:29AM -0500, Jim Blandy wrote:

> Duh.
>
> This is a high-visibility project.

>   <dd>
>     Peter Mattis did do a Guile/GIMP interface at one point, but we're
>     not the standard there; they're still using SIOD.  Someone who
>     uses both Guile and the GIMP needs to pick this up, turn it into a
>     package people can use, and do whatever's needed to get the GIMP
>     people to accept it as their standard.  If there are critical
>     Guile changes necessary (Make it smaller?  Can do!), I want to
>     help with that.

the idea of incorporating guile has been discussed on the gimp lists.  last
i heard, the developers were leaning towards exporting everything through
a CORBA type interface, rather than incorporating guile directly into the
core.  i think the rationale was to avoid becoming too dependent on any
one scripting language.

FWIW, i don;t think people are too thrilled with SIOD..

cheers

  Ray Lehtiniemi (rayl@netrover.com)