Re: require vs use-modules

On Tue, Oct 27, 1998 at 11:46:26AM -0500, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> chrisb@ans.com.au writes:
> >
> > What if any is the relationship between slib's (require ..) and guile's
> > (use-module ...)

> One works for Guile modules, the other works for slib packages. They
> are not interchangable, AFAIK there is no package you can load using
> both methods. Personally, I would like to see slib packages made
> visible in the Guile module namespace, I have some ideas on this but
> I might wait for Godot before taking a crack at it.

I ran into this last night, and figured it out, but it is definitely
weird for new users (although I guess people deal with it in Perl, as
well, with require, use, etc...).  Would be really cool if it were a
bit more consistent.  I guess that's a fairly tall order, though.

So, for those in the know, what will it take to get some 'standard
lib' kinds of things for scheme?  Are 'official' people working on
this?  Or does someone just need to do a really nice implementation of
it, and create a de-facto standard?

Ciao,

	Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org