Repeated questions...

First, I'll ask again: can someone give me at least some hint as to
how to look more closely at the backtrace in Guile.  I'd *really* like
to be able to do better debugging but I've found very little
information on it.  There's primitives for frames and stacks, but no
information on what they do or how they might be used.

Do I need to move my code to Scheme48 again, just for a simple
inspector?  I don't think I do, but hidden features aren't very
helpful.

Second, a question that I brought up a while ago: how can I
(generically) define a global variable?

In particular, given a symbol and a value, how can I bind that symbol
to the value in the global scope?

I need to do this in order to export procedures from Tcl code:
everything is set up except this last detail.

This is what I have in mind:

(define (export-proc tcl-context proc-name scheme-name)
  (define-global-symbol (string->symbol scheme-name)
    (lambda (args)
      (run-proc tcl-context proc-name args))))

I've tried making something like "define-global-symbol" by playing
with macros and such, but I haven't gotten anywhere.  Anyway, what I
was doing was at best a bad hack.

Hopefully someone will point me towards the answer to these
questions...

< Ian Bicking                 |  bickiia@earlham.edu                >
< drawer #419 Earlham College |  http://www.cs.earlham.edu/~bickiia >
< Richmond, IN 47374          |  (765) 973-2824                     >