Re: Scheme style auto-resizing hashtable (fwd)

bothner@cygnus.com writes:
> > Iterators are very un-Schemely, IMO, Scheme is not in the business of
> > telling you how to iterate.
>
> What a strange statement!  What do you think map and for-each are?

I don't think that was the intended meaning of `iterator', I think
people meant C++ or Java style iterators, i.e. an object that returns
the next element each time you call it. This obviously limits your
ability to iterate in different ways much more than something that
gives you a list, where you can map, for-each, filter, reverse, etc.

Whoever mentioned iterators, please correct me if I have misunderstood
you.

 - Maciej