Re: Scheme is too complicated

Sascha Ziemann writes:
 > Jim Blandy <jimb@red-bean.com> writes:
 >
 > | And finally, I think a PHP->Guile translator would be pretty easy. :)
 >
 > PHP has support for all available databases.  Guile does not support
 > any database.  That is the biggest problem for Guile as a Server
 > Scripting Language.

Guile does support some databases. On the developers' page there is support
for gdbm (by Andy Archibald) and mysql (the interface being called `squile'),
and with slib it supports a flexible scheme-written relational database
management system that can use arbitrary base table implementations (alists,
hashes, trees or whatever). Squile and guile-gdbm however are not yet updated
for guile-1.3 .
I once tried to interface leap, a copylefted relational algebra system to guile
, but had to give up because leap itself is in rapid development yet.

  Klauis Schilling