Re: Scheme style auto-resizing hashtable (fwd)

Jay Glascoe <jglascoe@jay.giss.nasa.gov> writes:

> Now, why the optional alist/vector of associations argument?  I
> figure that someone using an alist that grows larger than they
> expected (say >100) can easily trade it in for a hash table.  And
> any good avl-tree will probably have avl->alist and avl->vector
> procedures.

I think it's been mentioned, but some way to get a list of the keys
would be quite helpful, perhaps a hash->keys, hash->alist, or even a
make-hash-iterator function.

There are times when I need to iterate over all the elements of a hash
table (after some long processing step), and with the current code I
can't see a (clean) way to do it.  Of these three approaches, the
iterator approach would be more memory efficient, but probably a mess
otherwise.