Re: Planned presentation at The Bazaar

>Exactly!
>Now, the only advantages of Scheme over CL are simplicity and smallness.
When >they are gone from Common Scheme, what will the advantages be?
>Why not stick with the existing CL, with several robust implementations,
rather >than reinvent the wheel?

Not this old flame war!

The reason we like Scheme is not because the standard libraries are small
(we
use Scheme despite that), but because the *language* is small. Admittedly
Lisp isn't that big, but Scheme is a whole lot nicer. Scheme also has stuff
that Lisp hasn't got and won't get - like call/cc and guaranteed constant
space tail calls.

In the mean time we can steal the CL libraries and implement them in
Scheme,
and not lose much.