Re: TCL->Scheme

>I specifically wanted to think in terms of a translator rather than an
>interpreter, becuase it was much clearer to express the translator
>calling itself recursively to translate the procedure body than to
>express an evaluator calling only its translation half.

Have you looked at what other people have done as far as
translating/compiling
TCL into other languages? Last time I looked (which was a couple of years
ago now) opinion ranged from it being to impossible to just being too hard
compile TCL.
If nobody else has been able to achieve it (has Ousterhout done
anything??),
maybe you will have to settle for a straight interpreter rather than a
compiler/translator.