Re: awk imitation with guile

"Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com> writes:

> I don't know what it would mean to meet the "Free Software
> Foundations", but the OSD (http://www.opensource.org/osd.html) makes
> it very clear that if you restrict type of use in any way you aren't
> open source.

Thanks for the link.

My point with regards to the FSF is that the FSF has been OK with
using software that is not under the GPL, but is instead under another
free license, like the X Window System license.

The reason I think that the scsh license would be OK is that it allows
non-commericial use of the software with no strings, and commercial
use, given notification to the authors.  I could not tell from the
license if distribution of changes is allowed, so that probably means
that it is not.

I guess we need a copyright lawyer to settle this one.

-russ

--
When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President.  Now
I'm beginning to believe it.