Re: awk imitation with guile

   Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 01:59:59 +0200 (MET DST)
   From: Klaus Schilling <Klaus.Schilling@home.ivm.de>
   Sender: owner-guile@cygnus.com

   Is there an elegant way of imitating awk functionality (not syntax) based on
   guile's built-in string-fun and regex modules?
   There is an awk imitation for r4rs on the repository which uses its own
   string manipulation functions, but I'm not sure about the licensing
   conditions (that's a problem with a lot of the repository stuff), and using
   guile-builtins might preserve performance too.

	   Klaus Schilling

I think the scsh has all the functions to do it.  I don't know about
the guile port of scsh, but I don't see why that part shouldn't be
there.