Re: optional parameters

> I hope, eventually, that Guile will have some kind of built-in support
> for optional and keyword arguments.  I can't say what the syntax of
> the declarations will be.  However, it's unlikely that the syntax of
> calls will change much, and we can always implement something like
> lambda* as a macro on top of whatever primitives we choose, so I'd
> say, go ahead and use lambda* for now.

It occured to me that since the scheme execution process checks the
number of arguments as it does the bindings of procedure arguments,
it could (in theory) also check their types and thus allow type-based
procedure call signatures like you get with java. Would this be at all
useful? Would it make compilation of scheme code impossible? I guess
it would be a pretty major extension to R4RS too.

Well, just an idea...

	- Tel