Re: Yow: Maciej.

jimb@red-bean.com writes:

> Maciej submitted patches to remove almost all the compilation warnings
> for guile-core under GCC 2.7.2.3, making him very definitely The
> Man. :)

<blush> :-)

> He said he got a clean compile, with no warnings, under Red Hat 4.2.
> On my Red Hat Linux 5.0 system (GCC 2.7.2.3) there are still some in
> readline.c and stime.c; I'll get to them tonight if nobody else posts
> first.

This is a minor correction, but there are also additional warnings if
you configure --with-threads. There are a bunch of missing prototypes,
but some of the ones the compiler complains about seem to exist. I
could not untangle the mess in my limited time, because I have much
more broken builds to fix at work. :-)

Someone should probably try building with egcs or gcc 2.8 as well, one
of these might well become the standard compiler for building things
like Red Hat packages in the foreseeable future.

 - Maciej