Re: Guile Startup Time Suggestion

    John> (Emacs is not a good first choice of programs to try this
    John> on, since it stores flags in the high bits of pointers,
    John> which are used on Linux to separate malloc'ed from mmapped
    John> memory.  I haven't looked at Guile closely enough to know if
    John> it will be any easier.)

 XEmacs (I think from 20.4 on) now has a configuration option
 (`--gung-ho', aka indexed lrecord type and minimal tagbits) that
 moves those flags down to the low two bits, which also gives 30 bit
 integers.  Kyle Jones made those changes; I believe the work was done
 in preparation for a new dumper of some sort.  I know very little
 about this.

(insert (format "\n%s\n" (- (expt 2 30) 1)))
1073741823