Re: guile port of sdc

Keith Wright <kwright@tiac.net> writes:

> > From: Craig Brozefsky <craig@onshore.com>
> >
> >              SDC for guile
>
> Thank you for your contribution, whatever it is.

A scheme based system for processing ESIS/nsgmls output, aka SGML
compiler output from Jim Clark's SP package.  It has a tokenizer and
compiler, recursive descent parser, and various other handy tools for
transforming, fracking with and mussing up SGML/XML documents.  It
comes in a package for generating html, rtf, ps, latex, lout, ascii,
info, and man pages from SGML documents.

It would not be difficult to produce documentation is several
different output formats using inline SGML in guile using some of the
code in sdc.

The URL pointing to the original page put up by Joerg Wittenberger
probably explains it a bit better.

    http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~jw6/doc/sdc/index.html

> After reading the announcment for SDC I know five
> or six different ways you plan to improve it,
> but not whether it displays a smiley face when
> I log in, or solves a stiff differential equation
> in a manifold with non-abelian affine connection.

In an effort to keep the announcment short I deferred to the original
authors URL.  I will put a short description in future announcements.

Thank you.