guile port of sdc

                                 SDC for guile

   The original sdc was written for Bigloo by Jörg Wittenberger and is
   available at [1]http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~jw6/doc/sdc/index.html.
   Presently this port to guile does not support all of the backends sdc
   supports, and has a few bugs in it I'm sure. This version is a
   straight-forward port, with the only major change being the module
   definitions, and the addition of an entity-manager construct. The
   major reason for the port was to get sdc, which is GPLed code, off of
   Bigloo and onto a GPLed scheme, and to separate it's ESIS
   tokenizer/compiler from the rest of the application so that it could
   be easily used in other experiments.

   You can download a tarball at:
   [2]http://www.red-bean.com/~craig/sdc-guile/sdc-guile_0.1.tar.gz

   The performance of this port can stand some improvement, and I'm
   working on implementing them presently. I assume that a
   dumper/freezer, or even a scheme compiler would greatly increase the
   performance, at least to get back to somewhere close to the Bigloo
   implementation which was rather fast. If anyone has ideas on how to
   make module definitions portable across several of the more popular
   free scheme implementations I would be grateful if they would share it
   with me.

   Some things planned for the future:

     * Debian package with linux-doc and debian-doc support.
     * Get the rest of the backends working.
     * Better error handling and debugging.
     * Compiled version using modified hobbit scheme compiler.
     * Create a DTD compiler which could be used for validation and
       automatic generation of documents.
     * DSSSL driver for the backends.

    Craig Brozefsky [3]craig@red-bean.com