Re: SCWM's embedded docs/text proc benchmarks/perl's 10x faster than guile.

    >> All linux docs these days are Docbook.

    Telford> give more information on this please...  I assume that
    Telford> docbook files have an .sgml extension and a tag that
    Telford> looks like: <!doctype linuxdoc system> I have noticed a
    Telford> few of these around but linux documentation includes
    Telford> HOWTO docs, man pages, the /usr/info tree, the tree under
    Telford> /usr/src/linux/Documentation/ and probably some scattered
    Telford> others too (such as embedded docs).

The LinuxDoc DTD is being phased out and moved to DocBook.  The Linux
Documentation Project is working like crazy on that.  It's quite
official.

    >> All freebsd docs these days are docbook.  All ORA books are
    >> written with Docbook. Shall I go on?

    Telford> Are these claims as legitimate as the linux claim?

I don't know about freebsd, but it's true for all ORA books which I've
checked on (I don't know if it's 100% of their books).