Re: Guile and CORBA?

"James F Hall" <jhall@accessmgmt.com> writes:

> Can Guile be accessed using CORBA?

I know of no code that would allow this.  But the GNOME project is
using CORBA and Guile and it will very likely connect the two.  Um,
ok, I definitely plan to do this, but I have no idea when I'm getting
around to it.

> (I must admit that I have never done anything with CORBA, and I don't
> really know what it is.  Anyone have a two-sentence description of
> CORBA, to set the stage for me?)

Let me try: CORBA is the Esperanto of computer languages so that when
two programs speak CORBA, they can talk to each other.  Technically,
this is done with a lot of TLAs that implement remote procedure calls
in an object oriented framework.