Re: inline (Re: guile: going the way of DEATH)

"Tel" == Telford Tendys <telford@triangle.triode.net.au> writes:
Tel> PS: Out of curiosity... [1] how many C compilers really are
Tel> currently compatible with guile? (don't say they all are, I won't
Tel> believe you!)  [2] How many people are not using gcc? Are there
Tel> good reasons to not use gcc or is it just what happened to be
Tel> available at the time?

I can vouch for AIX xlC, which I use because GNU cc/ld cannot create
shared libraries on AIX.  The guile release (1.2?) that I downloaded a
month ago compiles cleanly under xlC (yay!), but SCWM uses additional
gcc-isms which I regarded as being unnecessary for the amount of trouble
they caused me.

-- Jon