Re: Website documentation

Andrew Archibald <aarchiba@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca> writes:

> "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com> writes:
>
> The Debian GNU/Hurd project website is under a similar gizmo, called
> web-ratchet, which allows people to look at and modify a "FUTURE"
> version of the site; when the maintainer looks at it, they can
> migrate this into a current version.  It worked fiarly well; although
> not many people used it, it did get updated rapidly for small things
> like the mailing list address, pointers to new resources, and
> suchlike.  You should talk to Gord Matzigkeit (gord@fig.org) if you're
> interested...

See also:

http://interactivate.com/public/cvswebsites/

Scwm's web page is under CVS control, and we have commits automatically
update the publicly visible page (non-atomically, unfortunately -- my
personal web page is under CVS control, too, but I use a script to
nearly atomically swap out the old one and in the new one [will send if
interested]).

Greg