Re: structs, records, SMOBs etc.

> What I ment is if you have a module that you somehow froze (using the
> freezer, or unexec), and the module defines a smob type, you have to
> have some initialization function for that module which has to be
> called when the module is loaded and allocate a SMOB ID.  You don't
> have to do that for records.

Because the record type descriptor is a first-class object that is
frozen automatically along with everything else?  Okay, I see what you
mean.

However, I think it would be fine to make the struct scm_smobfuns
objects second-class objects, that are handled somehow.  SMOBs are
useful enough, and widely used enough, that this would be worth it.

> OTOH, the problem is probably not serious, since frozen modules have
> to have an init function anyway, to register the functions they
> provide.

Exactly.

> BTW is there any "static" (oops :) way to register functions, at
> least theoretically?

Not at present.  Maybe in the future.