Probem installing Guile

Hi,

When starting configure I get the folowing messages:
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.

Looking at the config.log file I have the following messages:

configure:918: checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works
configure:932: gcc -o conftest    conftest.c  1>&5
ld: cannot open crtbegin.o: No such file or directory
configure: failed program was:
#line 928 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
main(){return(0);}

Actualy I can compile the kernel, in the other hand doing gcc -o test.c
gave me the same error.

Help welcome

Thanks

Hilaire Fernandes