guile-core-19980601, guile-hobbit-1.3, solaris 2.[56].x, gcc 2.8.1, libtool 1.2

Has any clever person got guile-hobbit working with the 19980601 snapshot - or
 any recent snapshot for that matter, and anything approximating the environment
 mentioned above ?

I can build and install it, but then guile gets very upset about three modules
 (at least) which seem to have disappeared (debug, session, regexp).

I'm talking to the maintainer - Bernard Urban, but rather than wate his time, I
 thought I ought to check that I am not solving something that has already been
 solved.

I await an inundation of solutions :-)

Thanks for your time, folks,

Jules