Re: lineio, threads, dynamic linking

Andrew Archibald <aarchiba@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca> writes:

> * Dynamic linking is disabled by default.  Why?  It's the most
> painless way to add a new C module I can think of...

I think it is enabled by default.

Wed Jun 11 00:34:01 1997  Jim Blandy  <jimb@floss.red-bean.com>

	* ltconfig, ltmain.sh, config.guess: New files from libtool 0.9g.

	* configure.in: By default, include functions in Guile to allow
 	linking with dynamic libraries at run-time.  In other words,
	--enable-dynamic-linking is now the default.

> * Dynamic linking can only dynamically load libfoo.so libraries, not
> libtool libfoo.la ones.  Could it at least look in .libs?

Hmm, my view of the situation is that eventually GNU dld will handle
all details regarding these *.la files.  But in the mean-time we might
transfer the *.la reading code from boot-9.scm into dynl.c.  This
sounds reasonable to me.