Re: status on threads support

Christian Lynbech <chl@tbit.dk> writes:

> So, the question, can I implement such a semi-prioritized-preemptive
> threads based thingy in guile (or some other implementation of
> scheme). I do not think it is a requirement that the system is
> completely thread-safe in all corners, but the below thread must be
> able to wake up frequently enough to be able to process events at
> something like full speed.

The thread system works quite well (except that I've found and
corrected some serious bugs connected to signal handling---I'll commit
my changes today so that you can download the snapshot tomorrow).

Provided that you don't need anything more than the basic thread
operations (locking mutecis, signalling condition variables), I see no
problems using Guile's current thread package.

(Note, however, that signals to the process are delivered to the
thread which is currently running, not to all threads.)

/mdj