Re: A useful syntax for regexps and other things

> If we're going to extend the read syntax, I'd prefer the scsh variant:
>
>   #</some funny \\ weird string\/
>
> In scsh, one can also say
>
>   #<<END
>    A line-delimited here-string!
>   END

Compatability with scsh would be nice, but #< is conventionally used
to introduce objects that can be printed but not read in Guile, Scheme
in general, and other Lisp dialects. Suppose you write out some funny
structure that prints as #<struct bus>, the above syntax would make
this read as the two tokens "truct bu" and >, thereby giving an
unexpected weird failure rather than an obvious error. I do like the
here-document variant, but again I think overloading #< is a bad idea.

 - Maciej Stachowiak