Re: Compiling guile-gobject experiences

Andy Wingo <wingo@pobox.com> writes:

> But I do agree that it's a problem. I think reducing the size of the
> generated code is the best solution, personally.

A bit less error inlining might help.  I can see how the cleanup stuff
ends up needing it, but there's plenty of cases with no cleanups.
Perhaps building a list of cleanups at runtime would keep it down.

It'd be nice to call foreign functions just based on a little set of
argument types, with no actual individual glue code at all.  I've got
an idea gnu smalltalk has something like that.

I don't think there's any way to portably make a C call from runtime
arguments, in general, but it wouldn't be hard to setup the right
thing for each CPU+ABI, with a bit of assembler.  Or maybe gcc could
help.