Newbie's question

hi,
I am very new to Guile world.  I am using 1.6.0 version
on redhat 9.  I have downloaded guile-gtk from savanna
and installed, it has installed *.so files on my system.

I am trying to learn guile-gtk.  Of the few tutorials that
I have found they tell same thing (require (gtk gtk)) or
(use-modules... etc....  Neither of them work for me.
"ERROR: unbound variable reqiuire)" and if I use the
second one "ERROR unbound variable gtk"

After compiling guile-gtk, I tried to test with
guile -s test-gtk.scm, as explained in README, I
get "ERROR: no code for module (gtk gtk)"

I have refered tutorial,
http://mdag.org/users/stark/software/description.html
;gg-tutorial.tar.gz, but it uses a
executable, guile-gtk.  I don't know where build that
from.

Any pointers or info would be of great help.
Thanking in anticipation.
regards,
Praveen