Re: texinfo documentation

Kevin Ryde <user42@zip.com.au>:

> Marko Rauhamaa <marko@pacujo.net> writes:
> >    guile-gtk: (gdk-string-to-compound str) => (string or #f
> >                                                encoding
> >                                                format)
>
> Hmm.  (bool encoding format string) would better match the C function,
> in particular enough not to need to be described as a special case.
>
> (Or only with a general note somewhere that gint returns that should
> be understdood as gboolean are treated that way by guile-gtk.)

Note that the C function returns 0 for success and any other value for
failure.

> Obviously there's no need to be absolutely slavish, but every
> difference is an inconsistency and a likely source of annoyance for
> programmers.

Since it's technically impossible to be absolutely slavish, I'm afraid
we will have to publish the signatures of each and every guile-gtk
function -- no other explanations are necessary.

Marko

--
Marko Rauhamaa      mailto:marko@pacujo.net     http://pacujo.net/marko/