setters and exclamation mark

Hello,

  current GtkAdjustment patch posted last year (err, few days ago) revealed
guile-gtk naming inconsistency: There are many Gtk functions, one could call
setters (-set-blahblahblah), but wrappers for these functions does NOT have
exclamation mark. On the other hand, emit-field-accessors (build-guile-gtk)
appends `!' to emitted setters.

  We can:

    1) Forget scheme naming conventions and remove `!' from created setters
       (this change would break NOT any code since setter feature has not been
       used at all)

    2) Add setter hint to define-function, which would mark function as a
       setter and build-guile-gtk would add ending `!' to such functions.

  I think everybody can imagine tedious work on second way (examine all
functions and mark all setters). Since exclamation mark should be used
uniformly, change could break a lot of code.

  So if nobody objects, I say good-bye exclamation mark and choose first way.

0.