Re: gtk questions

El 24 Apr 2001 11:53:39 +0200, David Pirotte escribió:
sorry for the delay..

> 1.
>
> I need but am unable to use the following function, not knowing what its
> last argument should be?

> anyone knows? [I tried to pass a string vector but that was not
> right, and if it was correct, what should its length be anyway?]
This function is really bad defined. It is a Gtk+ mistake.
Basically all of GtkClist is stupid anyway...
Just ignore it. It doesn't work. I once tried to use it but it does
not make sense.

What I normally do is before insertying things unto Clist I
have a variable that saves the values appended unto the list:
(gtk-clist-append clist foo)
(set! ls (cons ls foo))
It is stupid but...

> 2.
>
> is there a way to query a clist to know what row is selected?
>
>       for example, a clist with 2 columns and 2 rows in it
(gtk-signal-connect clist "select_row"
     (lambda (row col event) (whatever))
In this way you can get both the row and the column and put what you
want to do in whatever =)

> is there a possibility to have a column title composed of a pixmap and a label?
In C Gtk+ you can but looking at our defs files:
;; XXX - the following all use GdkPixmaps and GdkBitmaps rather than
;; a GtkPixmap, this sucks.

;; (define-func gtk_clist_set_pixmap)
;; (define-func gtk_clist_get_pixmap)

I will look f there is an easy way to add them.

GtkClist is really ugly and should be avoided, It will not be available in
Gtk2.0 =) IIRC

ariel