To: silovic@zesoi.fer.hr, martin@home-of-linux.org
Cc: mvo@zagadka.ping.de
Subject: Patch for guile-gtk
From: Daniel Skarda <0rfelyus@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
Date: 25 Sep 1999 11:11:14 +0000

Hello

   I would like to ask you if you can review (and possibly - commit to CVS :) my
following patch to guile-gtk from CVS. I have already sent my changes to Marius
but unfortunately he lacks spare time. You can download my patch from:

	       ftp://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/pub/local/0rfelyus/

   patch includes many additions to .defs files and rewrite (and hopefully
speed-up) of scm2flags and scm2enum functions (I develop gtkglarea and GL
bindings using guile-gtk so speed of these functions is fundamental).

Dan

Here is ChangeLog entry:

1999-09-24  Daniel Skarda  <0rfelyus@ucw.cz>

	* gtk-1.2.defs: New objects, flags etc: GtkTearoffMenuItem,
	GtkAccelFlags, GtkAccelGroup, GtkAccelLabel

	New functions: gtk_tearoff_menu_item_new, gtk_signal_emit_stop*,
	gtk_accel_group*, gtk_*uline*, gtk_accel_label*, ...

	* gdk-1.2.defs: New function: gdk_beep :)

	* gtk-support.c (gtk_widget_allocation_*_scm): New functions - so
	you can get widget's width, height, x and y.

	*examples/gtk-menu-test.scm: New example.

	* guile-gtk.c (enum/flags functions): Speed improvements in
	scm2enum and scm2flags.

	Instead of O(n) search and strcmp, scm2(enum|flags) functions
 	store and protect symbol so it compares only SCMs (no strings).
 	Symbols are sorted so we can perform binary search - O(log n).

	Flags and enums are now converted and validated at once so
	scm_validate_(enum|flags) was retained only for compatibility and
	for (ret ...) expressions...

	These changes makes library binary backward incompatible (any
	other application which utilizes build-guile-gtk should be
	recompiled) .

	* build-guile-gtk (emit-enum/flags-info): emit function now
	reflects changes in enum/flags conversion