Re: Sparse matrix extension

On 02/15/2016 06:56 AM, Alexis Tantet wrote:
Thanks Patrick.
I've had a quick check at your modifications and all the tests pass.

Some very minor details:
- I find _transpose2 an inexpressive name. What about something like
_transpose_shallow or _transpose_swap.

Well, many routines the linear algebra section append a "2" when the routine does the same thing but using a different method/algorithm, so I was trying to be consistent with the naming, and I tried to document this routine thoroughly in the manual. I will think some more about whether it would make sense to make a longer descriptive name.

- Regarding _set, wouldn't it be more secure to raise an error when
the matrix dimensions have to be increased? Do you know of
applications in which the matrix dimensions are not known beforehand?

This was originally done since the code was based on the CSparse library, which did the same thing. You're probably right it makes sense to do more strict checking...although this code has been through a few releases so people's programs might break if we change the behavior now.

All the best,
Alexis