Re: Sparse matrix extension

Thanks Patrick.
I've had a quick check at your modifications and all the tests pass.

Some very minor details:
- I find _transpose2 an inexpressive name. What about something like
_transpose_shallow or _transpose_swap.
- Regarding _set, wouldn't it be more secure to raise an error when
the matrix dimensions have to be increased? Do you know of
applications in which the matrix dimensions are not known beforehand?

All the best,
Alexis